Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    las vegas NV to Chicago IL
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

las vegas NV to Chicago IL Login/Join

Picture of LV
posted
Mutual transfer from las vegas to southside of Chicago.

Posts: 5 | Location: las vegas nv to city of chicago | Registered: 24 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about Munster,IN?

Posts: 17 | Registered: 01 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
Hi, just sent an email for a possible trade... let me know if it will work out....

Rick jukeboxdj@aol.com 815-685-9374

Posts: 773 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 20 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to let you know Rick...I'm in California (Bay area), but I know someone in Munster,IN that wants to come to where I'm at.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 01 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LV
posted Hide Post
This is not a hoax. im interested in CHICAGO.(southwest side or south suburbs)
quote:
Originally posted by JukeboxDJ:
are you interested in a trade?....i've tried emailing, but no luck and I see no phone number, is this one a hoax too??.....hope not

Posts: 5 | Location: las vegas nv to city of chicago | Registered: 24 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am south chicago. Ive sent you an email a few days ago. Iam right next to Lansing, IL. I live in Chicagoland.

Bali
(219) 616-1371

Posts: 64 | Registered: 10 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LV
posted Hide Post
i am looking for a mutual swap to the city of chicago . In the little village area, or by kedzie,pulaski,ashland,archer, or anywhere in the southside. Not outside city of chicago.The surrounding suburbs are good too.

Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
Joliet is considered a suburb of Chicago....train service and all highways connect here too...it would be a good option for you...many carriers in our office come from the city to work, so it is not a big deal...you could live between and not be that far away from anything.....let me know...

Posts: 773 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 20 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I checked on mapquest. I am 15.9miles from the little village area (Halsted/95th). You would be travelling against traffic to work everyday. You could very easily work in Munster and live in little village area. Or live about 7miles south in Lansing/South Holland/Dolton area and only have 10 minutes or less drive to work. There is some nice new construction in Glenwood/Lynwood area that is relatively cheap.

It is up to you. It sounds like we could do a direct trade or 3way with the San Ramon Carrier. Either way both places are fine with me. I just want to be closer to my child in bay area.

If you are interested let me or the San Ramon carrier know.

bali
(219) 616-1371
Munster,IN 46321

posted Hide Post
Sorry to be doubleposting....but it just occurred to me that you have another option.

You could come to munster and then walk into your local postoffice in little village. I am sure there must be a carrier commuting from the south suburbs (as there are some really nice subdivisions/communities out there). You could do a mutual exchange with them to get into your local post office from munster.

I know you are also considering Joliet so i checked that too. Joliet is a small city that is 41 miles (from little village) to the southwest outside of Chicago.
I hope you dont mind. I would hope the person trading with me is being honest and open so that i could make an informed decision for my family.

Sometimes we just get frustrated thats all. I dont think anyone genuinely trying to trade would intentionally mislead anyone. Good luck to everyone.

Let me know LV if you are interested as i have another person wanting Munster. They had a family emergency and are off the net for a few days.I would prefer San Ramon/vegas over their location but then again i want to get this done soon.

bali

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Billy C,

posted Hide Post
Rick,

I could be wrong but on the map i looked at those looked like the main streets in that area close to the Dan Ryan Expressway. I am sure she knows where she wants to go (thats why i labelled the exact place I mapquested). Even if I'm out its by a mile or two. It just places you farther. I'm sorry you are so upset but I firmly beleive every person should make the "right" decision for themselves and their family.

I dont want to get into it with you so I'm just going to respect the intelligence of this carrier to make her own choices. For me this is not a game or pissing contest. This is a serious decision that affects my family and children. I am trying to relocate to be closer to my child thats all.

Joiliets a great place I dont know why people wont trade with you but I think your attitude scares them off. Try not to be so pushy. Just a suggestion. You live in a great place and i think the carrier that get joliet will be happy there. I hope you get Arizona. You have been trying for a long time.

bali

Ps/ If LV chooses Joliet I would be delighted that you finally got your trade. I would be very happy for you. It would just mean my trade is around the corner. smile and dont be so stressed....lol

posted Hide Post
It is frustrating as we live in a great place. Why dont people want to come here? It confuses me to no end.. I love it here but my child's illness is forcing me to go back to that flashy lifestyle where neighbours are busy hating each other, no one stops to say hello, you get driven off the road by roadrage, mortgage is huge, you see your spouse walking out the door to the night job as you walk in...

Here its a good lifestyle with with old country friendliness. My neighbours come over and give me a hand with my yard. I see families go for walks after dinner. We all have dinner together. Here being a mailman is a good life.

Anyway I'm not against you but your frustration is starting to get to you. Perhaps this person uses the net on Sundays etc... We will just have to wait and see. Sometimes other things happen like family changes/support. One issue is possibly selling your home in this market. I will probably not sell my home if i get a transfer. My mortgage payment is 670. I can rent it for 1500. Munster is highly desireable due to the school system.

Too bad we live so close to each other or we could switch ....lol.

Picture of LV
posted Hide Post
Your right jukebox.Thats exactly where i wanna be. Joliet is a good drive to Chgo. i do not wana transfer my kids to joliet then have to transfer once again when i find a spot in chicago. I'm sorry but what i mentioned is what i'm lookin for.
Just like you bali i have a family.No one is trying to be miss leading. good luck.

Picture of LV
posted Hide Post
Yeah i only answer on sundays,I work and don't have time to sit at the computer and wait for a response.I don't have family in your area bali, or jukebox thats why i have no preference in moving their.I'm sure that goes for everyone.Sounds like you guys are taking your fustrations out on me.I just started looking.And as for those remarks about peoples lifestyles i don't dip into anyone's business. The enviroment around you is what you make of it.I'M just here for a swap didn't know their was so much drama.

posted Hide Post
Sorry LV,

I didnt think you would take it personally. I was talking about my own lifestyle in bay area for twenty years. It had no remarks on you or anyone else. I'm glad you finally let us know your not interested. I hope you find what you are looking for. Good luck.

bali (By the way I also work...hence the mutual trade...)

PS. no need to be disrespectful to anyone that responds....