Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    problem with transfer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

problem with transfer Login/Join

posted
I am a carrier in Los Angeles. Has anyone in Los Angeles transferred recently and is anyone having difficult time transferring? I have someone I'm trying to exchange with and I was informed because of excessing I can't transfer. Makes no sense to me because I'm seeking a mutual exchange. My union seem like they can't do anything. It seems this is only happening in Los Angeles. Anyone with further info please let me know. I'm very frustrated.

Posts: 38 | Registered: 27 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that's interesting to hear. My mutual swap into Florida was approved this week. I was told, mutual swaps don't cause hold ups, since both parties already work. Your matching body for body with matching seniority.

Posts: 10 | Registered: 23 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reggie, that is total BS... Mutuals are the only trades right now being allowed... no restrictions... push your union and demand your trade. Tell them to show you in writing where you cannot mutually trade.

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am trying to get into the Atlanta district.. I was in HR the other day and have been on the phone with the lady in charge of eReassign. She suggested a mutual exchange BECAUSE of the excessing. She said that might be the best option as Atlanta has over 100 on the excessed list. Are you sure both offices are good with it. Maybe the person your trying to switch with has something on their record??

Posts: 3 | Registered: 27 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mutual exchanges are happening- a PTF in my office is exchanging positions with a guy in Orlando, Fl.. It has taken around 2 months to happen, but you have to stay on top of mgmt/shop steward to make it happen. As long as both offices agree, it's just a matter of picking a date.

Posts: 89 | Registered: 09 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
tell them they are breaking the LAW!!

it is in the ELM 351.6, on the page where you login, copy it and show them.

The ELM is the LAW and tell your Union that too.

Rick

Posts: 773 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 20 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Dachs, is the PTF in your office trading with another PTF? Does anyone know of a regular carrier agreeing to become a PTF again and the union allowing them to so they can trade? Thanks!

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got a transfer saturday to Elizabeth NJ from Queens NY. Took about 3 months total but the process with no hicups, from what i have gathered from the shopsteward and the union is that they dont like and wont let a regular mutually exchange with a PTF. In NY i havent heard of a single PTF that exchanged with a regular. Good luck i want to do another transfer closer to PA. Im half way there now

Posts: 76 | Registered: 31 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wags: yes both carriers are ptf's. The Florida carrier originally wanted to swap with me, but I'm a regular. Don't think a reg. can swap with a ptf, but I'm not sure. Wasn't interested in becoming a ptf in Orlando, now maybe if it was the west coast of florida, I would have looked into it!! Smiler

Posts: 89 | Registered: 09 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post