Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Swap question please help thank you.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swap question please help thank you. Login/Join

posted
Hello, I have been wanting to see if I could be able to relocate from orlando, fl to northern nj. I have two questions regarding making swaps, etc

1.-Recently i had someone interested in swapping with me but they were a regular and we were told we could not be able to do swap.
The person who was interested in swapping with me does not care if he turns into a ptf and I take his status because he is in need of moving asap.

What I am wanting to know is if its possible to get an exemption to swap due to our situation since neither of us care of our status but are in need of moving ASAP. We are thinking of making a hardship letter to send to the union, etc and get help.

2.****Also I have heard of people making three way swaps, how is it that people can do this? do you need a minimum amount of time to be able to swap again once you swap to do this, etc?

I appreciate the help, thank you very much!

Posts: 8 | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like parts must swap,regular for regular Q1 for Q1,or Q2 for Q2,generally a minimum of 12 months at current local is needed,however you can have this waived with postmaster approval

Posts: 47 | Registered: 18 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bruce
That was the old cintract. Now reg and t-6 are intercahngeable. Still can not trade with ptf.

Posts: 77 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey postman7 i dont know if u remember me telling u about a coworker who is a ptf who want 2 swap with someone in florida i have a very large office which they love to give ptf overtime contact me at mabelnj38@comcast.net if interested...

Posts: 24 | Registered: 01 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey Postman7 i'm a PTF in NJ, and i want to go to Orlando..!! If interested let me know boriguayo9@yahoo.com, Large office and OT

Posts: 13 | Registered: 02 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
see your shop steward file a grievance if you are ptf or reg reg to reg or ptf to ptf could trade not reg to ptf or ptf to reg cannot trade file a greivance if not then dont waste your time need action not talk

Posts: 17 | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post