Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    Question about PTF's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about PTF's Login/Join

posted
Why do regular carriers put "no ptf's"? I thought that a regular carrier could not trade with a PTF anyway? I thought it was regular for regular and ptf for a ptf when doing exchanges. Am I wrong here? Has anyone who is a regular traded with a PTF? Thanks!

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think it matters, ptf's vs regulars. The most probable reason is that, in a mutual exchange, the parties involved take the seniority date of the junior party.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 25 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is what the ELM says... but I am wondering if anyone has ever had an exception given to them to transfer as a PTF...

ELM 351.6: General Policy
Career employees may exchange positions (subject, when necessary, to the provisions of the appropriate collective-bargaining agreement) if the exchange of positions is approved by the officials in charge at the installations involved. Mutual exchanges must be made between employees in positions at the same grade levels.
The following employees are not eligible to exchange positions:

1. Part-time Flexibles with full-time employees.
2. Bargaining-unit employees with non bargaining-unit employees.
3. Non-supervisory employees with supervisory employees.

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mean, has any regular carrier been given an exception to transfer with a PTF

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wags:
I mean, has any regular carrier been given an exception to transfer with a PTF
regular carrier may put in a written request to become a PTF then the 2 PTF's may swap

Posts: 10 | Registered: 20 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post