Postal Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Mutual Transfer Ads - Letter Carriers    E-reassign
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E-reassign Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Chris
Where at in WA did yiu get an offer? And you said you had applied to OR. Where and any responses from them? Thanks

Posts: 77 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
skycap,
The offer I got in WA was in Centralia, but they really sounded so flush that I didn't want to go in there as the last man in the current environment. Do I remember that you are ideally looking for S. I-5 in OR? I only have a few requests in OR and I dont't have any reason to believe that I'm close there. It's getting down to crunch time for me soon so I hope something opens up in cent. WA or ID. I hope you have good luck! A couple of months ago I was given some info about a few openings that turned out to be true...that is passed now, but I'm going to try again--I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Posts: 11 | Registered: 30 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Wags,
I hope your able to wait longer on your
mutual transfer request. I would sure advise
against going the e-reasign route. Some risks
involve rumors and some mentioned during this
discussion are facts.
I've been trying to get a mutual transfer to
Kalamazoo/Battle Creek since about Jan. I do
have the option of waiting as long as it takes.
It may be a year or so. Hoping for something
by this fall. Going to our home in Richland,Mi.
next month. Will visit many P.O.s in person.
I think someone will see the Postal Record ad
and start thinking about leaving Michigan before
that first SNOWFALL and head for sunny Phoenix.
(Hoping) Well it is just me but once again I am
certainly going the Mutual Exchange route. Good
luck Wags! Talk to you soon, Mailman Jim

Posts: 38 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 19 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
f.y.i.
i used reassign to try to get to my desired destinations.two central illinois cities immeadiatly accepted me despite a poor unscheduled sick-leave record...
luckily for me, i put in some flyers for a "mutual exchange wanted" in the breakrooms of of the stations that i desired to go to and got a call from someone who was interested.
that guy is now enjoying the sun and palm trees in st.pete FL.goodluck to ya's...e.

Posts: 20 | Registered: 31 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Erik R A
Where was it that you exchanged from? You were from St Pete and went where? Thanks!

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i went from st.petersburg fl to springfield illinios.the guy that i traded with was a supervisor which complicated things a bit.he has two go back to carrier for 2 weeks before he could do a mutual exchange..decatur il and springfield il both accepted me via e-reassign within two weeks of me requesting one.i also applied for nashville tn but only recieved confirmation that they had recieved my requests.no immeadiate offers were made from TN....e.

posted Hide Post
Hey Erik RA, can you explain the E-reassign process to me? You plug in your name and your choices where you want to go, and then what?? Did anyone call your supervisor to ask about you or did they just request your file? Who do you work with? Did you have to explain anything in your file or at least have the opportunity to explain anything? I guess it depends on how desperate an area is if they will take you with sick leave issues or something like that, correct? How did you find out where you were on the list to be reassigned? Anything else helpful would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posts: 339 | Location: United States | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
both cities requested my supervisors approval.my sick leave is bad but i do have legit reasons.my supervisor and station manager were kind enough to give me good reviews.i found out that the acceptance was in process for both cities thru USPS.COM.i later recieved a "timely" acceptance letter from each station and had to deny them both in order to get my mutual exchange approved......hope this is helpful.....e..

posted Hide Post
ERIK RA... what is a timely acceptance letter?

posted Hide Post
one city gave me 15 days to accept their offer and i think the other was 20 days.they showed up in the mail a couple of days after the USPS website showed that my application was in review...e

posted Hide Post
hi i just recieved a transfer thru e-reasign but it took 1.5 years , it was tied up due to the hiring freeze find out if there is a freeze where you want to go GOOD LUCK Christine
quote:
Originally posted by Wags:
Hey there everyone. I am in Tucson looking to go to Phoenix. I cannot find a mutual transfer, so I am thinking about E-reassign and go as a PTF. Does anyone know if the USPS is accepting transfers through E-reassign? I know for a fact that the USA has reached their quota for hiring TE's. So does that mean that they will accept straight up transfers? Has anyone tried to transfer through E-reassign? How long does this process usually take? Any info on E-reassign would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posts: 14 | Registered: 19 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Christine, where did you transfer from and to? Did they lift the hiring freeze in your area? How long have they said you will be a PTF? Were you already approved for the transfer and just waiting for the freeze to be lifted? Thanks!

posted Hide Post
That's what happened to me. I was 1st on list for e-assign and because the P.O. hired a TE rather than going to e-assign list, I could grieve the position and get placed. He used an excess clerk to fill the position so he could avoid using the list. I have waited 2 yrs to get to OR. and guess I'll have to wait some more.

Posts: 77 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been trying to get to Charleston SC for two years now through e-reassign and have been told because of art 12 everything is on hold. Whats the real story.

Posts: 145 | Registered: 26 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been on the list for charleston for 16 months. A few months ago I found out I'm 14th on the list. I'm not sure if its moving at this time or not.

Posts: 59 | Location: brockton, ma. | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post